Volunteer – Coffee Host
We have remained open during the COVID 19 pandemic to ensure our customers continue to have an outlet where they return their beverage containers each day and is now especially important when the liquor stores and grocery stores have suspended this service.
We our proud that over the past 2 years we have provided free hot coffee to our customers however with current restrictions we had to suspend this service as it was self service. We would love to resume this much appreciated service however we will require a coffee host to serve the coffee to each customer individually
Details of a Volunteer Coffee Host
- Require 1 person each day from 7.00 A.M. – 11.00 A.M.
- We are open 7 days per week
- The host will brew the coffee and respectfully serve to each customer
- Our recycling depot is located at 449 Industrial Ave. Vancouver (near 2nd and Main Street)
- Our customers are primarily residents of the DTES so the host should be comfortable with individuals who in many cases have lived an exceedingly difficult life.
- We will supply a vest, gloves and face mask along with a name badge, so the customers get to know you by name
- Our coffee and disposable paper cups are donated by companies that support what we do for marginalized individuals living and working (collecting refundable beverage containers) in the DTES
- As this is a new request, we are certainly flexible on scheduling shifts whether it is once a week or once a month
- We can assure you that this is an extremely rewarding volunteer job as you are really giving back to our community
How to apply
- Please apply to Chair of Board of Directors, Bing Smith by email bingsmith (at) shaw.ca